Set up your hosting cPanel
Set up two or more domains in your hosting service control panel. This is very important to make sure that the second domain is routed to the correct folder.
There are several ways in cPanel - subdomain or addon domain.
Example for sub-domain setup
In your cPanel click on sub-domains icon
Create a sub-domain. Document Root to be the same as default domain!
If AbanteCart installed not in root folder.
Make sure document root is same after subdomain created!
Anyway, a lot of beginners have issues with this step because:
- Due to DNS propagation, the sub-domain can take up to 24 hours and more to start working
- make sure to link the sub-domain to the path where the default store was installed to. The Document Root is the same in the default store and the multistore
- make sure there is no redirection set up for new subdomain/domain
- usually, user may need to clear browser cache and DNS cache on the local computer to resolve new or reconfigured domains/subdomains
- also, possible some settings in the .htaccess file or file permissions issue prevent correct work
Please contact with hosting service provider to make sure your domain/subdomain configured correctly